Monday, September 5, 2011

A Blessing in Disguise

My 40th birthday was in March of this year.  This was an event I was ready to embrace - I had the love of my husband, my kids, my family and friends, a full time job - no complaints. Then, I received the news that I would be laid off effective March 6...my birthday was weeks away, and the excitement I had now faded a bit.  In hindsight, though, my life had been in a bit of a rut, Monday-Friday get up work, spend a few hours with my husband and kids, some nights return to work for a few more hours and then go to bed and start all over again.  Frankly, I was surviving, not living and being laid off truly was a blessing in disguise.  I felt like God had blessed me with a "reset" button and my life could go anywhere I wanted...the question now was what did I want to do?  I sent out my resumes, took a few online job tests and then exhaled.   It was time to find what I was passionate about.  It was time to live the life God wanted for me.  Never once was I afraid, because I knew God had more in store for me than I could ever imagine.  "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. 

This brings us to today.  I am working again, now part time and pursuing a dream that I had been running from for some time, I'll expand on this over the coming weeks.  Thank you for reading my blog.  Remember to look for your blessings in disguise and always have a grateful heart. 



2 comments:

  1. To be there to witness such grow and watch our children flourish because of it will be a blessing I will be forever be GRATEFUL for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, what a great opening post. I, too, have received a blessing wrapped in an awful, terrible disguise. But, it has given the vision to see my life in a new way and I'm thankful for that. I love what you have written and I look forward to more to come!

    ReplyDelete